Sunday, November 27, 2011

Talking Blog 10.. Critical thinking

http://youtu.be/uMU1BZ5YtMo


This a clip I found that i feel relates to the article and situsation... The video talks about how critical thinking is missing in schools in society today. I feel that critical thinking is a lost cause and that not enough teachers allow there students to do so. Most classes today are simply lecture. You go to class sit there listen and take notes. I think that critical thinking is important sometimes, somethings i believe dont need to be overthought but on the other hand some things should def. be questioned and analyzed. In FNED we use critical thining every day and it makes the mind open up i think it is a good thing however, sometimes are what they are and critical thinking are pointless sometimes.  This video main point is how critical thinking should always be used

1 comment:

  1. So I watched the video (or listened to it, I guess), and I had to stop after 2 minutes. I don't know why but I just couldn't take it seriously, and the speaker's voice was getting on my nerves. The comments weren't any help either. But I do agree with you, critical thinking needs to be incorporated more, and we as teachers need to help students become more excited about learning.

    ReplyDelete